Georgetown Community Guide An iconic neighborhood that makes Washington DC the great city it is.
History and Flavor
Georgetown is an iconic neighborhood in the Washington DC area that offers an incredible array of opportunities for people who live in and visit the city. From the beautiful communities to the world-class dining, shopping, historical sites, and natural beauty—there’s so much to see and do!
But if you think you know Georgetown, you might be surprised to find out that some of its best-known landmarks aren’t all there is to living here. Iconic Georgetown has so much to see and do and is a part of what makes DC living great.
And if you’re looking for your own little nest in Georgetown, sign in and let one of our Eng Garcia Realtors help. We know this area, and we are here to help whether you prefer a single-family home with a yard or a luxury high rise. Georgetown has it all, and we have all of Georgetown for your home search.
- Georgetown Piano Bar– Basement-level venue with well-versed piano men, sing-alongs & cocktails named for musical legends.
- Blues Alley Club– Jazz & blues junkies get up close & personal with headline acts at this intimate club with food.
- The C & O Canal– This National Historical Park is184.5 miles long. No, that is not a misprint. It goes all the way out to Cumberland, Maryland. So if you are looking for an incredible hiking or biking trail, the towpath will allow you to create your epic journey. Along the way, there are visitor centers, boat rides, campsites, and events to help you learn about the region while you get back to nature.
- Yates Field House – Georgetown University offers programs for children and families, including wellness, fitness, aquatics, swim lessons, and tennis camps. A Friends membership allows members of the community to participate in all of these.
- Hoya Kids Club– If your kids love sports, this club will keep them cheering with free and discounted tickets, meet & greets, and the opportunity to be a ball kid during games.
- Capital River Cruises– A scenic tour from the Potomac River that offers great photo ops, relaxation, and family fun.
Popular Shopping and Eats
- The Washington Harbour– Take a stroll along the boardwalk and take in the nation’s iconic scenery—watch the boats, see the views of the Kennedy Center, Watergate, Key Bridge, and across the water to Virginia. Find restaurants, offices, and luxury condominiums. Come for the live entertainment and outdoor fun all year round.
- Georgetown Park– Georgetown Park is a mixed-use shopping mall and condominium complex in the Georgetown historic district of Washington, D.C.
- Gastronomic Georgetown Food Tour– A tour combining the area’s history with various small meals and tastings.
- Farmers Fishers Bakers– The uber-green sister to Founding Farmers, this establishment has excellent coffee, an incredibly varied menu, and desserts to die for. If you haven’t had Hummingbird Cake before, it’s time.
- Fiola Mare– Italian-inspired menu and elegant décor make it one of the most romantic places in DC, and their sunset menu is a showstopper.
- Bistro Lepic & Wine Bar– French delicacies and a Jazz Night Menu is an experience in itself.
- Georgetown Cupcake– This light-filled corner space specializes in gourmet cupcakes made on-site daily.
- Laduree Georgetown– The iconic Parisian macaron patisserie finally opened this spring and made all of our dreams come true.
Best Public High Schools
- Woodrow Wilson High School 1,796 students, 15:1 student-teacher ratio
- Luke C. Moore High School 288 students, 18:1 student-teacher ratio
Best Public Elementary Schools
- Stoddert Elementary School 463 students, 15:1 student-teacher ratio
- Hyde-Addison Elementary School 352 students, 12:1 student-teacher ratio
Georgetown Trolley Tours and Transportation LLC -Tour bus
Georgetown Arlington Loop GUTS– Bus stop/shuttle
Georgetown Transit Hub– Bus station
Median Home Value
$1,064,215 as of 2021
Median household income – $122,343
Median age: 27
Families with children – 13%
High school diploma or equivalent – 2%
College Degree: 96%
- Cathedral Heights Community Guide
- Forest Hills Community Guide
- Crestwood Community Guide
- U Street Corridor Community Guide
- Woodley Park Community Guide
- West End Community Guide
- American University Park Community Guide
- The Palisades Community Guide
- McLean Gardens Community Guide
- Glover Park Community Guide
- Potomac Maryland Community Guide
- Friendship Heights Community Guide
- Ivy City Community Guide
- Foxhall Village Community Guide
- Anacostia Community Guide
- 16th Street Heights Community Guide
- Bloomingdale Community Guide
- Brightwood Community Guide
- Brookland Community Guide
- Burleith Community Guide
- Capitol Hill Community Guide
- Chinatown Community Guide
- Cleveland Park Community Guide
- Columbia Heights Community Guide
- Congress Heights Community Guide
- Deanwood Community Guide
- Dupont Circle Community Guide
- Eckington Community Guide
- Foggy Bottom Community Guide
- Fort Lincoln Community Guide
- Fort Totten Community Guide
- Georgetown Community Guide
- Howard University Community Guide
- Kalorama Community Guide
- Kenilworth Community Guide
- Kingman Park Community Guide
- LeDroit Park Community Guide
- Logan Circle Community Guide
- Mount Pleasant Community Guide
- Navy Yard Community Guide
- NoMa Community Guide
- Park View Community Guide
- River Terrace Community Guide
- Shaw Community Guide
- Southwest Waterfront Community Guide
- Takoma Community Guide
- Tenleytown Washington DC Community Guide
- Trinidad Washington DC Community Guide
- Woodridge Washington DC Community Guide
- Adams Morgan Community Guide
- Alexandria, VA
- Arlington, VA
- Chevy Chase Washington DC Community Guide
- Hyattsville, MD
- Petworth Washington DC Community Guide